Sorry - been busy getting The Brick ready for the third annual New York Clown Theater Festival.
B & I have spent the lion's share of every day since Saturday over at the space cleaning it up, rearranging things, and fixing things, since, for once, we had the time to do it. The place looks really good now and the tech is in much better shape. We started teching clown shows on Wednesday and all is going well and the shows look to be really good this year.
Today are the opening ceremonies - a Clown Parade stating at 4.30 pm in Union Square (red noses will be handed out for those who don't have them), which will travel by subway to Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, then march through the streets to The Brick, where we will have our big big pie fight in an immense plastic tent constructed in the theatre to avoid destroying the place (many fights, in fact - we do them in shifts, with some themed groups - ladies only, children, "fast skate" - then we get the pie-covered people outside the theatre to hose them off).
I've also had the fun duty of creating the mix of music to be played during the fights. I've kept many of the great selections Devon Ludlow used in the past - lots of bombastic classical favorites mixed with some driving rock - and added a few of my own that I hope will amuse while being good pie-fight scoring. Won't name them now, as I'm looking to surprise people who will be there, and who I know read this blog.
Anyway, B & I need to get moving fairly soon to get there and check in and help with setup, so I'll just go on to the normal Friday Random Ten now, from out of the 26,103 still there in the iPod (I have more to add now, but I can't until I drop some of the useless tracks there) . . .
1. "Chocolate Pope" - Electric Six - Switzerland
2. "Let The Sun Shine Down" - Hardy Boys - Bubblegum Classics volume 5
3. "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (live)" - Johnny Cash - Legend
4. "Get It Jerk" - Frankie Coe & The Mighty Soul Messengers - the Git Down!
5. "Satumaa (Finnish Tango)" - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Volume 2
6. "I Move Around" - Nancy Sinatra - Boots
7. "Should Have Known Better" - Richard Lloyd - Alchemy
8. "She Weaves A Tender Trap" - The Chocolate Watchband - 44
9. "Lucifer Airlines" - Electric Six - I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me From Being The Master
10. "Lonesome Cowboy Burt (Swaggart Version - live)" - Frank Zappa - The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life
I'll be back more regularly again once the ClownFest is really under way . . .